Is it really summer?
Those of you who’ve known me a long time know that if it’s summertime Sheila must be out riding her tandem, right?! Well not this summer. On Memorial Day we were just starting out on a rainy day ride on Bainbridge Island and we took a slow speed fall turning a banked corner. My tandem captain and life partner, Spencer Beard, bruised his elbow. I, on the other hand, broke my hip! The next day they did surgery placing 3 long pins in there to stabilize it and sent me home Wednesday. I’m not in any pain, except what arises from being inactive and dependent on others. I’ve been greatly enjoying the generosity of my friends and community in their various ways of showing support. I’m happy to report I’ll be good-as-new and back on the bike by the end of the summer. AND I’ll be able to enjoy summer in Seattle with lots of space to work on new client projects.
“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.” – Zig Ziglar
I’ve recently completed a series of three related websites. They’re related in a couple of ways. The most obvious is that they are all part of our family, and are two sisters and their step-Mom! The other is that since they all 3 are creatives with the need to show off photos of their creations, we implemented a WordPress theme specifically intended for that purpose. It’s called Photocrati. With only this tool we’ve created distinct looks for each of them:
- Jenna Riggs is a children’s book illustrator and graphic designer
- Molly Beard is a fiber artist primarily using weaving as her medium
- Catherine Beard is also a fiber artist primarily using the quilting medium
Cool Tools, Tips & Resources
- Broken links on your site reflect poorly on your business. This tool makes them easy to fix! If you have a WordPress site hosted with me you have a plug-in installed called Broken Link Checker. When you’re notified that there are broken links on your website it’s a good idea to correct them. Some of you have asked for help with how that works so I’ve written a brief guide including a video on using Broken Link Checker.
- If you need to transfer large file to other folks that are too big for emailing, try this free service: WeTransfer. And for more options check out this article.
- How to generate leads with content marketing
- A blogger shares how he uses Social Networking in a minimalist way